Do you love a cold glass of lemonade, a lemon soda or a fried chicken seasoned with lemon? but did you know the other benefits of lemons outside of the kitchen?
Lemon is a popular citrus fruit which is high in vitamin C, fiber, minerals, and essential oils. Lemons have great medicinal value and have many potential health benefits, It can lower your risk of heart disease, cancer, and kidney stones.
Studies have found out that our skin and hair love lemons, too. Lemons have a wide range of beauty and health benefits.
Below are the 10 awesome beauty benefits of lemons to start your day.
- The health benefits of lemons are it’s antibacterial and immune-boosting abilities.
- Taste very sour and is widely used in all sorts of drinks like teas, cocktails, and juices.
- Lemon is one of the most popular and all-round citrus fruit.
- A popular choice for seasoning many recipes and perfumes.
- Lemon juice acts as a digestive agent to clean our liver leading to better digestive health.
10 Awesome Beauty Benefits Of Lemons
1. Benefits Of Lemons On Oily Skin
Lemon makes the best natural face toner for all types of skin. It is the best home remedy for oily skin. Lemon Juice contains citric acid and other essential components that can neutralize and control the oil secretion of oily skin.
All you need to do is add a little pinch of lemon juice in water, mix it well and massage all over your face with the help of a cotton pad and rinse it off after 30 minutes. This remedy can help you get rid of oily skin when used overtime regularly.
- Add a little pinch of lemon juice in water.
- Mix it well.
- Massage all over your face with the help of cotton pad.
- Rinse it off after 30mins.
2. Brighten Skin
Lemons are very well known for brightening property of our skin as they are very rich in vitamin C and citric acid. It can help you brighten your skin within a very short time if used properly and regularly.
Lemons also have natural bleaching property, all you need to do is cut a lemon in two pieces and rub them on areas like elbows, knees, neck, and face, it does a perfect job when done at night and washed off at the morning.
- Cut a lemon in two pieces.
- Rub them on areas like elbows, knees, neck and face.
- Does a perfect job when done at night and washed off at the morning.
3. Soften Dry Lips
Dry and chapped lips are very common in winter which most of us go through. If you’re suffering from dry and chapped lips and looking forward to softening it, lemon juice can help you exfoliate and soften your lips in no time.
Mix a little lemon juice and a pinch of sugar, gently massage your lips starting from the corner to the center. It will help you get rid of dead skin from your lips and gives you a bright, moist and healthy look.
The sugar combined with lemon juice does a good job of scrubbing. Continue the home DIY for a week and see your pink lips waiting for you.
- Mix a little lemon juice and a pinch of sugar.
- Gently massage your lips starting from the corner to the center.
- Sugar does a really a good job at scrubbing.
- Continue the home DIY for a week and see your pink lips waiting for you.
4. Solves The Problem Of Dandruff
If you’re struggling with dandruff and want to get rid of this, Lemon can help you in your struggle. Vitamin C, citric acid, and other components in lemon help in keeping our hair healthy and strong and also solves the problem of dandruff.
Mix 1 spoon of coconut and 2 spoons of lemon juice and massage your scalp for at least 20 minutes, the coconut oil fights dandruff because it moisturizes the scalp areas.
Similarly, continue this process once a week and shampoo your hair as usual.
- Mix 1 spoon of coconut and 2 spoons of lemon juice.
- Massage your scalp for atleast 20 minutes.
- Coconut oil moisturizes the scalp.
- Wash it off by a mild shampoo.
- Must be done once a week.
5. Fights Acne
The juice in lemon is rich in fighting Acne because it is antiseptic and has the astringent properties in it. It helps in controlling the oil on our skin and helps in reducing the rednesses and many other infectious diseases. Lemon juice is a strong acid, with a pH of about 2 and can cause skin irritation and hyperpigmentation. So don’t use lemon if it doesn’t suit your skin.
Mix honey with lemon juice and apply the mixture on your face, keep it for about 30 minutes and then wash your face with mild temperature water.
You can also keep it overnight because the combination of lemon and honey helps you reduce all the rednesses and swelling of your face as well.
- Mix honey with lemon juice and apply the mixture on your face.
- Keep it for about 30 minutes and then wash your face.
- Mixture of lemon and honey help you reduce rednesses and swelling of your face.
- Dont apply if it doesnt suit your face as it has a PH of 2 (Strong Acid).
6. Lighten Age Spots
If you’re trying to figure out how to lighten those unwanted age spots on your face, you don’t need to spend your money on expensive creams and lotions or even visit a dermatologist because only applying lemon can help you overcome it.
Take a cotton pad and apply lemon juice on the affected area and leave for 15-30 minutes. Lemon juice is considered as one of the best fighting agents for plunge skin. Also, be sure to rinse with cold water once you’re done.
- Take a cotton pad and apply lemon juice on the affected area.
- Leave for 15-30 minutes.
- Lemon juice is considered as one of the best fighting agent for splunge skin.
- Rinse with cold water once you’re done.
7. Heal Dry Skin
The cold winter winds can become a disaster to your beautiful skin if not taken proper care. Lemon juice helps to moisturize dry skin. The home remedy and DIY are that, After taking bath mix equal amounts of lemon water with honey to apply on your face and neck.
Try to leave it to sit at least for 15 minutes and rinse it off once done with warm water.
- After taking bath mix equal amounts of lemon juice & honey.
- Apply on your face and neck.
- leave it to sit atleast for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off once done with a warm water.
8. Helps To Weight Loss
There are tons of healthy routines you can follow when it comes to losing weight, but you have the simplest option i.e, drink one or two glass of lemon water daily in the morning.
You can do this in your couple of ways because lemon naturally boosts your metabolism and also it will suppress your appetite which will help you consume fewer calories. Lemon is also the first detox water that received heavy popularity in health benefits.
- Lemon is the first detox water.
- Drink one or two glass of lemon water daily in the morning.
- Lemon water boost your metabolism.
- It supresses your appetite which will help you consume less calories.
9. Makes Your Hair Shiny
Lemon juice can make your hair look shinier instantly if used overtime regularly, No matter what color your hair is!
Therefore for the best result, add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, three teaspoons of water and mix it with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and evenly distribute on your hair and your scalp and leave it for few minutes before rinsing out.
Moreover, Lemon water also helps in removing dandruff from our hair.
- Lemon juice can make your hair look shinier.
- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, three teaspoons of water and mix it with 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Evenly distribute on your hair.
- Lemon water also helps in removing dandruff from our hair.
10. Whiten Your Teeth
An unhealthy lifestyle and eating habits every day can lead to staining of teeth and it almost happens with most of us. Lemons are a good source of vitamin C which lightens the teeth as a bleaching agent. You can get white shining teeth naturally with this home remedy, all you need is a half piece of lemon and pinch of salt.
Take a half piece of a lemon and 1 tablespoon of salt, squeeze the lemon taking out its seeds and mix the two to make a paste or put the salt on the top of the lemon and gently rub your teeth with the lemon peel.
Do this for a minute or two and then wash your mouth with cold water.
- Lemons are a good source of vitamin C.
- Lemon act as a bleaching agent.
- Take a half piece of lemon and pinch of salt.
- Put the salt on the top of lemon.
- Gently rub your teeth with the lemon peel.
- wash your mouth with cold water.
The Bottom Line
- Lemons are rich in vitamin C.
- Lemons have a ton of beauty benefits.
- It has many potential health benefits and immune-boosting abilities.
- Lemon water suppresses your appetite which helps you consume fewer calories.
- It reduces the risk of heart disease, digestive issues, cancer, anemia, and kidney stones.
Feel free to comment below how Lemon has benefited you!