How to get rid of a headache? What causes a headache? At some point in our lives, we all have felt the symptoms of headache and it gives us an unpleasing feeling once it starts pounding our head.
There are a thousand types of headaches and they affect everyone differently. Either it is a kid or a grown adult everyone deals with headaches. The main factors of headache are severe stress, changes in weather, fatigue, dehydration, lack of sleep, poor posture or holding your head in the wrong position for a long period.
Abuse use of pain medicine can also cause a constant headache. In that case, you must see a doctor immediately! When you have a headache suddenly and the pill you need isn’t at hand or sometimes even when the pill seems to be helpless. The situation seems hopeless, right?
8 Effective Ways To Get Rid Of A Headache Naturally
1. MASSAGE THE NEEDFUL AREAS
- First, make yourself in a comfortable position and relax completely. Press the space between the eyebrows where the forehead and the bridge of the nose meet.
- Using your thumb press the soft area on the side of the neck at the base of the skull.
- Find the soft area about a thumb width from where the first and second toes connect. Press it firmly.
- Locate the soft area behind the eyes, between the forehead and the ears and press firmly.
- Try to massage for about 30 seconds to 1 minute in a completely relaxed state.
2. DRINK GOOD AMOUNT OF WATER
- One of the major causes of headaches is dehydration. So if dehydration is the cause of your headache, start treating your headache by drinking lots of water and get hydrated.
- Dehydration trigger headache. Hence to help avoid dehydration headaches, focus on drinking lots of water throughout the day. Drinking water can cure migraines.
- It has been proven by the researchers that drinking water is a simple cure for headaches or migraines.
- Water could be a treatment for many types of headaches. Only staying hydrated can help you avoid as far as headache is a concern.
Read About How To Whiten Your Teeth At Home- 7 Easy Steps.
3. DRINK LEMON JUICE WITH SALT
- Drinking lemon juice with salt can cure instant migraines headache within 30 minutes with its beneficial richness.
- Lemons are high in Vitamin C which helps the body cleanse from inside-out and likewise keeps our body hydrated.
- You only need 3 things to make a simple lemonade. Water, lemon juice from lemon, and a pinch of salt. You can also add a spoonful of honey for increasing its taste.
- Things you should keep in mind: The salt that you add in lemonade should be of good quality.
[The benefit of adding honey in lemonade is to keep yourself away from illnesses, diseases, and allergies.]
4. DRINK ALMOND MILK
- Almond nuts contain salicin which is rich in magnesium that helps in reducing headaches or the migraines sufferers. It is clear now why almonds can make you get rid of a headache.
- Replace your headache pill with a handful of almonds. Soak the almonds in water and blend the increased size almonds in a blender with some amount of cold water and sugar. Your Almond milk is ready to serve.
- You can also go for raw almonds which benefits you with vitamins and minerals and the magnesium present in the almonds can help treat your headache.
- Almond milk is considered as a dehydration fighter that keeps you hydrated all the way.
5. LIMIT ALCOHOL INTAKE
- Studies have shown that alcohol can trigger migraines and headaches for those who get a frequent headache.
- Once alcohol enters the bloodstream it starts affecting the brain. It slows down the nerve cells that control your abilities.
- Alcohol causes tensions and headaches in many people differently, which varies from person to person.
- If alcohol consumption is continued without a break in a week. It will lead to loss of consciousness and cause depression and also trigger a migraine attack after every few hours.
- It is always about moderation. Limiting yourself to drinks from time to time is a good strategy to keep yourself away from such migraine problems and headaches.
6. AVOID STRONG SMELLS
- If you’re sensitive to smells of perfumes, cigarettes, deodorants, hair oils, and more certain things. Avoiding to stay away from those odors may help you decrease the chance of getting a headache.
- The study has shown that 40% of people who experience migraine from the strong smell of perfumes and cigarettes. This often triggers a headache too.
- Strong smell from perfumes and hair oils has the very fastest way of chances to develop a headache certainly.
- Keeping yourself away from those strong smells and odors can help you prevent headaches.
7. DRINK GINGER TEA
- It has an anti-inflammatory property that does the activities to keep your head in lesser pain.
- Ginger is another remedy to keep your stomach clean. Not only that, but it is also a popular drink for people suffering from headaches.
- For making a ginger tea you just need to add a reasonable amount of ginger in a tea and a little amount of honey to increase its taste. It is safe to drink ginger tea and it also helps you get rid of headaches within minutes.
- Ginger helps the blood on your head to relax and has the property of a quick reaction to decrease pain.
8. MASSAGE YOUR SCALP
- Massage is commonly done for erasing the pain from the head when it pressures the head during a headache.
- Massaging your scalp areas can often help you in relieving tensions and headaches because it makes your scalp relax and show particular promise for reducing migraine pain.
- Giving your scalp a massage can also help distract from the pain of headaches. So give it a try.
- The best way is to gently massage over your head to bring the pain in relaxation. Massage it firmly by focusing on the neck and shoulders too for more quick results.
How To Get Rid Of A Headache With A Medicine Technique?
There’s a scientific way to get rid of a headache known as acupressure. Its potency is confirmed by numerous scientific studies and doesn’t require much special medical knowledge. Read the best pressure point to treat a headache.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Most of the people are badly impacted by frequent headaches, making it important to find natural and effective treatment options. These 8 effective ways are all-natural, safe and effective ways to reduce headache symptoms.
When you don’t find any improvement, try visiting a doctor because your headache symptom might be because of reduced eyesight.